Registration and Account Help
Registration and Account Help Topics:
Account Set Up & Management
- Who can use the Honda Owners site?
- The Honda Owners site is for anyone who owns or leases a Honda vehicle. If you do not currently own or lease any vehicles, you may utilize the web site to learn more about Honda, and you may also set up a Honda Owners account without adding a vehicle.
- How do I register for a Honda Owners account?
You can register for a Honda Owners account from anywhere on the site by clicking Register on the Honda Owners site and filling out the form.
Choose a Honda ID and Password.
- Honda ID must contain 4 or more letters and/or numbers.
- Passwords must be at least 6 characters long.
- Choose a password that you will remember, but that will not be easily guessed by others.
- A combination of words and numbers is a good, secure choice.
Setup your security questions and answers in case you forget your password.
- Choose your questions from the drop-down menus and enter your answers below.
Next, you can have a more personalized Honda Owners experience by adding a vehicle in the next section.
- Enter your VIN, if available, so that we can automatically store all the details of your vehicle
- If you don’t have your VIN, you can also add a vehicle by selecting model information. Dropdown menus will assist you in this process.
- You can also choose to register without a vehicle. You can always add a vehicle at another time.
- Click "Create Account."
Finally, review and approve the types of email communications you will receive from Honda.
- Check the box, "I have read and accept the communication preferences" to continue.
- Click the link "Review communication preferences from Honda" and check the boxes to select the messages you'd like to receive.
When you have completed these steps, click the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page. Congratulations, you're now a member of Honda Owners.
- How do I update or change my personal information?
You can access your personal profile by clicking My Account from any page on the Honda Owners site.
If you wish to change any of your personal information, you may make changes directly in the appropriate box.When you are finished, click the “Save Updates” button.
- How do I add a vehicle to my Honda Owners profile?
To add a vehicle, first, access your personal profile by clicking My Account from any page on the Honda Owners site. Click “Add a new Vehicle” under My Vehicles.
To add a new vehicle using your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) or Hull Identification Number (HIN):
- Select “Add my vehicle by VIN”
- Enter your VIN
- Click “Validate” to confirm your VIN is correct
- Click “Save & Continue” and follow the instructions on the screen
To add a new vehicle without entering a Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) or Hull Identification Number (HIN):
- Select “Add my vehicle by selecting model information”
- Enter your vehicle nickname (optional)
- Use the drop down menu to select your vehicle
- When you have completed this step, click “Save & Continue” and follow the instructions on the screen.
- How do I delete a vehicle from my profile?
Access your personal profile by clicking My Account from any page on the Honda Owners site.
Under “My Vehicles” click “Remove”. You will be asked to confirm or cancel the deletion before the vehicle is removed from your account.
- How do I manage my financial services account?
- If you would like to manage your finance accounts, please visit the finance sites, HondaFinancialServices.com or AcuraFinancialServices.com.
- Do you recommend checking the "Remember Me" box on the log-in page?
When you check this box, your Honda ID or email address is stored in a cookie on your computer, and is filled in automatically each time you return to our website. You must still enter your password to log in.
Please Note: We recommend this option if you are the only person who uses your computer. To protect the privacy of your personal information, we do not recommend using this option if you are accessing the Honda Owners site from a public or shared computer (e.g., in a school, library or internet cafe).
- Can I close or disable my Honda Owners account?
- Honda Owner accounts cannot be disabled. This information is utilized by other American Honda Motor Co., Inc. web properties and by disabling your Honda Owner account would disable access to any other accounts you may have established with American Honda. Please contact Customer Service for further assistance.
Email, Honda ID, & Password
- What should I do if I forget my Honda ID or Password?
- Use Forgot Your Password? Enter your email address in the field provided. If you have set up security questions, simply follow the on-screen instructions to reset your password. If you do not have security questions, you will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You will be asked to setup security questions and answers to reset your password.
- How do I change my Password?
To select a new Password at any time:
First, access your personal profile by clicking My Account from any page on the Honda Owners site.
Click "Edit Info" in the Personal Profile section. Enter your current password and the new information in the boxes provided. Your new Password must be at least 6 characters long. When you are finished, click the "Save New Password" button at the bottom of the screen.
- I requested a new password but I never received it in my email. What should I do?
- Your new password was sent to the email address you provided when you registered. If you have changed your address since you first registered, the password may have been sent to an outdated address. If your address has not changed, it may be listed incorrectly in our records. Please contact Customer Service to confirm your email address and reset your password.
- If I request to have my Honda ID and/or password sent to me, when can I expect to receive the information in my email?
- You should receive your login information within 24 hours, often sooner.
- Can I change my Honda ID?
- No, unfortunately your Honda ID is recognized by other American Honda Motor Co., web properties and any changes to the Honda ID would affect access to any other accounts you have established with American Honda. We therefore are unable to change your Honda ID.
- My email address has changed since I registered or no longer have access to my email, but I've forgotten my password. What can I do?
- Contact Customer Service to update your email address then reset your password using Forgot Your Password?
- My current email address is different than the one I used to register. How do I change the email address in my profile?
Access your personal profile by clicking My Account from any page on the Honda Owners site.
- Click on the "Edit Info" on the Personal Profile section.
- Change your email address.
- Click “Save Updates"
- I forgot which email address I provided when I registered for the Honda Owners site and now I can't remember my Honda ID and/or password.
- Contact our Customer Service team, and they will help you update your email address. Then reset your password using Forgot Your Password?
- The system is telling me I can't register. Why?
- You may already be registered for a Honda Owners account. Try Forgot Your Password? Or, if you just purchased or leased your vehicle recently, your account might not be in our system yet. Try again in a few days, or contact Customer Service for assistance.
- The site says my account is already registered, but this is my first time here. What should I do?
It's possible your dealer registered you for a Honda Owners account when you purchased your vehicle. Try using Forgot Your Password? Enter your email address in the field and follow the on-screen instructions to reset your password.
If you are still having difficulty, contact Customer Service for assistance.
- When I try to log in, the system doesn't recognize me. Why not?
You may have mistyped your Honda ID, email address or password. If you try again and still don't have any luck, try using Forgot Your Password? to reset you password.
If you are using your email address to log in, please make sure that it's the email address you used to set up your Honda Owners account and not the address you're using to receive statements and finance email correspondence.
If you continue to have trouble logging in, you can call our Honda Automobile Customer Service. Monday through Friday, 6:00am to 5:00pm Pacific Standard time at the toll-free phone number (800) 999-1009.
Please Note: If you have previously checked the box marked "Remember Me," you must still enter your password to log in.
Personal Information & Privacy
- Besides me, who can access my information on the Honda Owners site?
Only you are authorized to access your account information. Please keep your password secure to prevent unauthorized access.
For your privacy, we do not recommend using the "Remember Me" feature on the login page if you are accessing the Honda Owners site from a public or shared computer (e.g., in a school, library or internet cafe).
- What happens to my personal information?
- Is my personal information secure?